They are the nostalgia photos everyone who wants to look back to the 1960s loves to see.
In that decade when Huddersfield was a fast-changing place Alderman Clifford Stephenson was there with his colour camera.
Mr Stephenson’s widow, Elizabeth, gave the 200 slides to a friend, David Clarkson, who kept them safe for 20 years.
Mr Clarkson eventually offered the images to Chris Marsden, chairman of Huddersfield Civic Society, who was then working on a research degree on town centre development.
After Mr Marsden showed interest in the photos, Mr Clarkson donated them to the civic society – and these are the latest ones to be made public.
One shows the then Huddersfield Polytechnic building being constructed – a building which still dominates the town centre.
Then there is Civic Centre Phase 1 which opened in 1965. Notice the empty road, the bus shelters, long-gone shops and the somewhat bizarre plant beds on the other side of the road.
And South Parade on Outcote Bank was bulldozed to make way for the ring road.
Mr Marsden said the images offer a glimpse of how Huddersfield was changing in the 1960s.
He added: “Alderman Stephenson was an advocate for both economic regeneration and architectural conservation – and at times the two were irreconcilable.”
Alderman Stephenson (1903–1992) played a key role in the planning and development of Huddersfield after the Second World War.
He and his widow donated a large collection of personal, business and council records to West Yorkshire Archives. Those contained references to slides but no actual photos.
Mr Stephenson served on the former Huddersfield Borough Council for 19 years, was the Liberal whip for 10 years and became leader of the group.
He was made a Freeman of the borough in 1973.