A BAKERY chain has apologised after a four-year-old almost choked on a piece of plastic bag hidden inside a doughnut.
Deighton dad Craig Simpson pulled what he thought was a blue sticking plaster from his son Camron’s mouth before he could swallow it.
The close call happened as the youngster tucked into a jam doughnut from Greggs’ recently opened branch at Leeds Road in Deighton.
Craig says the incident left the young Bradley Infants pupil so shocked that he now dissects all his food to check for hidden things.
Craig, who bought a five pack of doughnuts and some gingerbread men for his son and two-year-old daughter, Santanna, said he was enjoying the tea-time treats with his children when he noticed Camron was struggling to swallow his second doughnut.
He said: “I put my hand in his mouth because he was choking on the plaster.
“If I hadn’t have been in the kitchen he could have choked to death.
“I put it back in the doughnut and went straight back to Greggs but it was closed.
“The following morning I returned and showed the lady. She just went ‘oh, let me take that away and I will call head office.’
“I said ‘no, I’m going to take this further because it’s unacceptable.’