A JUDGE has refused a bail application made on behalf of a 37-year-old Lowerhouses man accused of involvement in a drive-by shooting incident.
Kevin Wilson, of Oakenbank Crescent, made his first appearance at Bradford Crown Court today after being charged over the incident which happened in Newsome last month.
Wilson was remanded in custody following his initial appearance before a district judge at Kirklees Magistrates Court, but yesterday his lawyer Carl Kingsley applied for bail before Judge Jonathan Rose. After hearing submissions from both the prosecution and defence Judge Rose ruled against Wilson and told him he would be remanded in custody until a plea and case management hearing on June 14.
Wilson faces an allegation of possessing a firearm with intent to cause unlawful violence after police launched an investigation into the incident in the Ruth Street area.
Police sealed off Ruth Street on the afternoon of March 26 after a single gunshot was fired from a silver car. A 33-year-old man was uninjured in the incident.
Wilson was told that a possible trial date had been set down for July 16.