A KITCHEN was wrecked by a severe blaze at a house in Almondbury.
A woman had just made toast and a cup of tea at the end-terraced home on Westgate at 12.50pm yesterday then went upstairs.
The electricity supply suddenly cut off and when she went downstairs to investigate, she found the kitchen on fire. She closed all the doors and raised the alarm.
Station Officer David Rawnsley, of Huddersfield Fire Station, said: "It seems the fire had started in the toaster and then spread.
"It gutted the kitchen and the heat and smoke damaged the rest of the house.
"The woman did exactly the right thing by closing the doors, calling us and getting out of the property."
The blaze was put out by four firefighters.