THE bodies of two West Yorkshire children killed by carbon monoxide while on holiday in Corfu have arrived back in the UK.
The flight carrying Robert Shepherd, six, and his sister Christianne, seven, landed at Manchester Airport.
Their mother, Sharon Wood, 35, of Horbury, West Yorkshire, accompanied them on the three-and-a-half hour journey after she had flown out to identify the pair.
They were found dead in a holiday bungalow after fumes leaked from an apparently faulty boiler.
Prayers have been said for the two children at Horbury Primary school.
Their father, Neil Shepherd, 38, remains seriously ill in hospital.
Meanwhile, the maintenance manager of the hotel where CO emissions from an apparently faulty boiler leaked inside their room, has defended himself.
Petros Stoyannos, facing manslaughter charges, said reports he said he knew the boiler was faulty but did not have time to fix it were untrue.
Mr Stoyannos said he relit the pilot light of the boiler concerned and made a note for it to be checked daily.