The smell of smoke, the bang of the firework and the crunch of biting into a toffee apple - it must be Bonfire Night.
Huddersfield people even love the event so much they have their own word for collecting wood to create a bonfire - chumping.
It's certainly part of the most families' social calendar with visits out to events across the district to ooh and ahh as the fireworks race into the night sky.
Below is a list of events for the rest of the week featuring bonfires and firework displays.
Tuesday, November 4
* Huddersfield Christian Fellowship, St Thomas Road, Huddersfield, HD1 3LG, bonfire and firework display from 6pm. Rides, food and drink. Entry £2 per adult and £1 per child.
Wednesday, November 5
* Birdsedge Village Hall bonfire and firework display, Birdsedge Lane. Bonfire lit at 6.30pm. Hot food and drink. Free entry.
* Middleton Park bonfire and fireworks display, Middleton, Leeds, LS10 4HX. From 7.30pm. Free.
* Roundhay Park bonfire and fireworks, Leeds, LS8 2WE. From 7.30pm. Free.
* Woodhouse Moor bonfire and fireworks, Otley Road, Leeds, LS6. From 7pm. Free.
* Mercure Bradford, Bingley, BD16 1TU. Bonfire and fireworks from 7.30pm. Entry £5, under fives free.
* Six Acres Restaurant and Carvery, 119 Westgate Hill Street, Bradford, BD4 0RZ in aid of Martin House Children's Hospice. Entry £2, under 10s free. Bonfire, fireworks, entertainment, rides and food. From 6pm.
* The New Hobbit, Hob Lane, Halifax HX6 3QL. Entry £3, under 16s free, in aid of Overgate Hospice. Barbecue and drinks. Bonfire lit at 6.30pm; fireworks 7.30pm.
* Bramley Park bonfire and fireworks, Leeds LS13 3PG. Bonfire lit 7pm, fireworks 7.30pm. Free.
* Springhead Park, Rothwell, Leeds, LS26 0WB. Bonfire lit 7pm, fireworks 7.30pm. Free.
Click below to see evocative bonfire pictures from more than 50 years ago up to the present day!
Friday, November 7
* Ruddi's Retreat Charity Bonfire and firework display, Marsden Football Club, Fall Lane. Bonfire lit 7pm. Funfair, food and drink, live music from 9pm. free entry, collection on gates.
* West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service firework extravaganza, Bradford Road, Birkenshaw, BD11 2DY. Adults £3, children £2, under 5s free. From 6pm, bonfire lit 7pm. Fireworks 8pm. Rides, refreshments and live music.
Saturday, November 8
* Crosland Moor Conservative Club bonfire, Park Road, HD4 5DB. From 6pm. Free entry, hot food.
* Mirfield Showground, Huddersfield Road, Mirfield - from 5.30pm. Adults £4, under 13s £1. Bonfire lit 6.30pm, fireworks 7pm.
If you know of an event that isn't listed just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
And if you're off to a bonfire this year, we've got something else to whet your appetite - our guide to the best bonfire food.
It's got all the old favourites to make your tummy rumble as well as a few cheeky surprises that may make you think twice about what you eat on November 5.
To add or amend events email email@example.com.