A 12-YEAR-OLD boy was injured when an aerosol exploded on a neighbour's bonfire.
Sam Mileham, of Wakefield Road, Waterloo, suffered burns to his face and arms in the incident at 8.25pm on Saturday.
He had been standing near burning rubbish at his neighbour's house when an aerosol can exploded in the fire.
Firefighters and paramedics arrived on the scene and Sam was taken by ambulance to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, and later discharged.
Paul Thorpe, leading firefighter at Huddersfield Fire Station said: "Aerosols are extremely dangerous when put on a bonfire.
"We advise people never to put them on a fire as they will explode.
"When they do go they can give off a fireball or can act like a missile.
"If one of those hits you in the face you will suffer a serious injury."