BUBBLE blowers are being asked to pucker up in Huddersfield.
Young gum chewers are invited to see how their bubbles measures up as part of a national contest.
The Woolworths store in Victoria Lane is staging the first UK Dubble Bubble Blowing Contest on Saturday, September 11, from 11am.
And those who think they have the puff to blow against the town's best are invited to come along.
Children aged six to 12 years will compete to see who can blow the biggest diameter bubble gum bubble.
And all of the bubbles will be measured using an official Dubble Bubble Bubble Meter.
Five finalists from across the country will be chosen to take part in the national final in October with a £3,000 Savings Bond for the first prize winner and runners up prizes of £50 Woolworths gift vouchers.
* The biggest bubble ever, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, was 56cm in diameter.
* Detectives can track down criminals by comparing their gum to their dental records.
* Dubble Bubble, the world's first bubble gum, was invented by Walter Diemer in 1928.
* More than 100,000 kilos of bubble gum are chewed every year.
* Chewing gum burns around 46 kilojoules every hour so if you chew gum during every waking hour, every day for a year you could lose 5kg.
* To remove gum from clothing, rub the spot with ice and scrape.