TWO elderly women were taken to hospital after a flat fire in Earlsheaton.
Firefighters from Dewsbury and Ossett were called to the flat at St Peter's Gardens at 6pm last night.
A 71-year-old woman had left a chip pan unattended and it had caught fire.
She threw it into the sink and slightly burned her right hand in the process and also suffered smoke inhalation.
The flat was in a block of four apartments and smoke had spread to some of the other dwellings.
Two of the flats were unoccupied at the time but a 77-year-old woman living in the remaining flat suffered smoke inhalation.
She and the 71-year-old woman were both taken to Dewsbury District Hospital for treatment.