A MAN searching for his pet hawk caused a major fire incident last night.
The man, believed to be in his early 40s, got wedged in an industrial chimney in Cleckheaton.
Fire crews received a call saying that the man, who was looking for his pet hawk, had fallen down the chimney at 8.08pm.
More than 40 fire officers and 10 units were mobilised to try and get the stricken hawker from the industrial unit on Fairfield Road.
The man had climbed partway up the chimney and leaned in an access door before plunging up to 30ft.
Crews from Elland were getting ready to abseil down the inside of the structure when other firefighters managed to gain access at the foot of the chimney.
The man, who was conscious throughout his ordeal, was taken to hospital.