KARAOKE singers were left out in the cold after a blaze drama at a nightclub.
About 250 people were evacuated after the fire was discovered in a roof at the back of the Frontier Nightclub on Bradford Road, Batley, at 9pm yesterday.
The fire is thought to have been started by a faulty neon light.
It then spread to a roof void above offices at the back of the club.
Firefighters from Batley, Dewsbury and Mirfield tackled the fire and had to cut away part of the roof to make sure the fire was out.
Sub-officer Paul Taylor, of Batley, said: "The fire is thought to have been started by an electrical fault in a neon light transformer.
"It did not spread to the nightclub and the pitched roof which was on fire had been built over a flat roof, which considerably lessened the damage below.
"There was only a small amount of water damage in the offices."
Sub-officer Taylor added: "The club was safe to re-open about 90 minutes later and people were allowed back in to carry on with their night's entertainment."