A DALTON couple who met at a dance in 1950 have just celebrated their golden wedding.
Kenneth and Norma Gregory, of Grosvenor Road, were married at Moldgreen Parish Church.
They are pictured now and on their wedding day.
Mr Gregory, 74, originally from Crosland Moor, met Mrs Gregory, 71, who was from Moldgreen, at a dance at Longroyd Bridge.
Mr Gregory worked at Birkby valvemakers Hopkinsons for 32 years. He was a foreman there for the last 10 years.
Mrs Gregory worked in a variety of local shops and was a cleaner for 22 years at the former Huddersfield Polytechnic, now the university.
The couple have two children, Barry, 47, of Waterloo, and Julie, 45, at Kirkheaton.
They have three grand-daughters and a grandson.
Mr and Mrs Gregory celebrated their anniversary with a surprise trip to Warwick Castle and Althorp House, organised by their children. The whole family also celebrated with a meal.