NO charges are likely to follow the tragic death of a young Huddersfield boy.
Stacey Rodgers, the mother of 10-year-old Dominic, has been told inquiries into her son's death from carbon monoxide poisoning are complete.
And she has been told there is no evidence to suggest any criminal or negligence charges can be brought after fumes seeped into Dominic's bedroom and killed him.
The news comes more than a year after Dominic died in his bedroom at the home in Spaines Road, Fartown, he shared with his mother.
Exhaustive inquiries by Huddersfield police and officials from the Health and Safety Executive have taken many months to complete.
The inquiry centred on a gas boiler in an adjoining house that had a flue that vented into a passageway beneath Dominic's bedroom.
Safety experts say it is dangerous for fumes to be vented into similar passageways, but the inquiries after Dominic's death have found no proof of negligence.
Miss Rodgers - who has mounted a very successful safety crusade since her son's death - said: "At one point there was a possibility of a manslaughter case, but that has been dropped.
"I have been told the build up to the carbon monoxide was caused by a bit of grit in the
"It seems it was simply a terrible tragedy and no-one's fault.
"I am glad it could soon all be over, once we get the inquest completed.
"Then I can continue telling people to get appliances checked regularly, when something like this tragedy can be caused by a bit of grit in the boiler.
"This is why we need carbon monoxide detectors in all homes."