A MOTHER whose life was dogged by drugs use died from an overdose.
Yesterday, a Huddersfield inquest heard how Clare O’Keefe, of Battye Street, Dewsbury, had 20 times more than the maximum recommended dose of the antidepressant drug mirtazapine in her system.
The inquest heard how Ms O’Keefe, 29, regularly took heroin, crack cocaine, cannabis, and had sniffed butane.
Ms O’Keefe, who had a child in long-term care, lived with her boyfriend Lee Burgess and was attending Lifeline drug and alcohol treatment service.
Coroner Paul Marks said Ms O’Keefe was found “lifeless on the sofa and there was evidence of her body showing decomposition.”
She was pronounced dead on April 24 this year.
He said there were empty pill packets and an empty bottle of white wine found on the floor nearby.
Recording an open verdict, coroner Paul Marks said Ms O’Keefe had died from the toxic effects of the antidepressant.
He said he was unable to be sure she had intended to kill herself.