WHO doesn't love their local?
WHO doesn't love their local?
We're asking pubs to blow their own trumpet in our Huddersfield Examiner Pub of The Year awards.
We want landlords and licensees to nominate their pub, club or bar - and enlist the help of regulars to help win the competition.
You can fill in our nomination form online by clicking on the awards logo below - but what's in it for you?
The winner of the Pub of the Year award will receive a full page advert and also a banner for their boozer announcing their win.
The pub in second gets a half page advert.
The pub in third gets a quarter page advert.
All three will also be featured in our write up of the competition.
And it's free to enter.
Once pubs have been nominated we'll collate all the entries send out a competition pack and present all the pubs, clubs and bars in paper. Then we'll be printing special Pub of the Year tokens in your Examiner.
The more tokens that people who use your pub, club or bar collect, then the better your chance of winning.
After the closing date, you collect up all your tokens and send them to us, we'll tot them up - and the one with the most scoops the title!
Huddersfield Examiner Roy Wright said he was delighted to be able to launch the awards.
He said: "We know Huddersfield has a multitude of fantastic pubs, clubs and bars and this is another way we can highlight businesses that are at the centre of our communities.
"We've launched our popular 'Pub Page' every Friday in the Examiner and we want to continue that commitment to pubs in our area.
"This is the first year we've run this competition so we're hoping to get a good response and then, in future years, who knows how big it could be.
"I'd urge every landlord or licensee to nominate their pub, club or bar and get regulars collecting tokens. I look forward to finding out who wins - and maybe enjoying a pint or two as well!"
Click on the logo below to fill in our form online
Examiner pub of the Year terms and conditions.
· Registrations for the Examiner Pub of the Year competition must be made by or with the permission of the licensee before midnight on Sunday 6 th January 2013.
· The registered establishment must be based within the Huddersfield Daily Examiner’s circulation area.
· Cut out and collect votes will be printed in the Huddersfield Daily Examiner from 11 January until 31 st January 2013. No photocopied accepted. Extra bonus votes may be printed within this time period.
· Deadline to submit token votes is 5pm Monday 4 th February 2013. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Tokens must be sent to: The Huddersfield Daily Examiner. Pub of the Year competition, Pennine Business Park, Longbow Close, Bradley Road, Huddersfield HD2 1GQ.
· The 3 establishments with the most amounts of token votes will be featured in the Huddersfield Daily Examiner on or around the 15 th February 2013. The winner will receive a full page advertisement, banner and certificate. Second place will receive a half page advertisement and certificate and third place will receive a quarter page advertisement and certificate.
· Advertisements must be taken by the 29 th February 2013 and is subject to normal Trinity Mirror advertising conditions. Excludes recruitment advertising. Prize not transferable, no whole or cash alternatives.
· The Editor’s decision is final.
· Standard Trinity Mirror plc rules apply, see www.examiner.co.uk/rules