BT customers living in Huddersfield say they are frustrated at the communications giant for leaving them without working phone lines.
Earlier this month the Examiner featured the story of James Armitage, who was forced to wait three months to get his landline reactivated by the company.
The story of New Mill pensioner Joan Stead, who had to wait months for her phone line after she moved house, was also featured.
Now more angry Examiner readers have been in touch to say they have also been left without lines of communication.
Gary Sellers said he has had problems with BT since he decided to set up a landline this month so that he could receive Sky Broadband.
He arranged for a BT engineer to install a phone line, but no-one turned up.
Mr Sellers then called the company’s customer service department.
He said he has been on hold for a total of six hours trying to arrange another installation date, but has been unable to get through to anyone.
Mr Sellers commented: “BT offered to transfer my existing number over to them.’’
He said that after he did so BT did not give him a new number.
He added: “I have not been able to use my phone at home because the company had the number transferred to them, even though they have not installed a phone line to my home yet.
“This effectively disabled my phone and made it impossible for me to contact them or for them to contact me.
“I have a young baby and I feel very angry that if I needed to get hold of a doctor in the middle of the night I would have to run to a phone box.”
Mr Sellers said he is still contacting BT by email, but has not had a response from the company yet.
He added: “I wonder if Sky realise what a nightmare they are putting their new customers through, having to deal with a communications company that it is impossible to communicate with.”
Alan Riley, from Beaumont Park, said he too has had difficulty getting BT to set up a landline at his home.
He said he was told he would get his new line installed on August 20. But that didn’t happen and the company has not been in touch with them since.
Mr Riley added: “Our phone calls to them added up to hours. This is a national disgrace.”
A BT spokesman said: “We apologise to these customers if they feel they are not getting the service they expect.
“We will do our best to establish these orders as soon as possible.”