A MOTHER and her four children escaped unhurt from a fire at their home early today.
The children were asleep upstairs and the mother on the sofa downstairs when the fire broke out at 12.30am.
It started in the living room of their home in Belle Vue Crescent, Sheepridge.
Huddersfield firefighters went to the scene.
A smoke alarm was fitted, but did not sound as it was in another room to the fire.
The blaze was caused by an electrical fault in the television.
Fire and smoke damage was caused to the living room, with plaster stripped from the walls of the house.
The family spent the night with friends and will be re-housed.