Firefighters broke into a house to rescue a man whose kitchen was on fire.
Huddersfield firefighters had to force entry to a terraced home in Milnsbridge last night after there was no response from the occupant.
A neighbour dialled 999 after hearing a smoke alarm and seeing smoke pouring out of the kitchen window.
One pump from Huddersfield fire station attended the incident at 4.30am today.
They broke into the property and rescued a man in his 30s who was asleep.
He was treated by paramedics but it is not thought he was taken to hospital or seriously injured.
Police also attended the incident.
Watch Commander, Andy Wooller, said: “This incident shows the value of having a working smoke alarm fitted.
“The smoke detector probably saved his life as it woke his neighbours who called 999.”
The fire was found to be in the kitchen of the property but no significant damage was caused.