A BABY girl suffocated when one of her parents rolled over while sleeping, an inquest heard.
Tragic Jessica O'Toole was just five weeks old when she died at her home in Ruskin Grove, Deighton.
Her parents, Mark O'Toole and Sarah Morgan, had fallen asleep while watching television in their bedroom in the early evening of April 12.
When they woke after sleeping for less than an hour, Jessica had stopped breathing.
Mr O'Toole told a Huddersfield inquest yesterday of his horror when he was woken by Miss Morgan's screaming.
He said: "We went upstairs to watch television and we laid on the bed.
"We fed Jessica and then we must have drifted off to sleep. The next thing I knew Sarah was screaming.
"She had hold of Jessica and then passed her to me and ran from the room to the neighbour's house.
"I held her and was just kissing her."
Miss Morgan ran to next-door neighbour Dawn Gardener because she and Mr O'Toole did not have a phone in the house. Miss Gardener then rang the emergency services.
She also tried to resuscitate Jessica, but it was too late.
Consultant pathologist Philip Batman, who carried out a post-mortem on Jessica, said: "I found at the time of the examination a normally developed and well-nourished little girl.
"There was no evidence of cot death or sudden infant death syndrome in this case.
"I believe the most likely cause of death was asphyxiation."
Recording a verdict of accidental death, coroner Paul Marks offered his condolences to the family.
He added: "I do not think any blame should be attached with a case of this nature.
"I think it is clear from all the evidence this is a tragic case of over-lying.
"The cause of death here was asphyxiation and therefore this was an accidental death," said Mr Marks.