HEALTH and safety chiefs are urging people to use carbon monoxide alarms for their homes, to warn them of any build-up of deadly fumes.
Dominic Rodgers, 10, was found dead in bed at his home in Spaines Road, Fartown, on February 12.
The boiler flue from a neighbour's home vented into the passageway of the block of back-to- back houses where Dominic lived. Fumes are believed to have seeped up into his bedroom.
An investigation is under way by police and the Health and Safety Executive.
Householders who have boiler flues that vent into covered passageways are urged to have them inspected by a Corgi-registered gas engineer.
But the HSE is also recommending that carbon monoxide alarms be used as a back-up, while arrangements are made for full safety checks. They are available in appropriate shops.
The HSE also recommends that all alarms bought should conform to British Safety Standards BS7860 or BS EN50291.
People should always follow the maker's instructions on where to put the alarm.
Phone Corgi on 0870 4012300.