Councillors are being urged to back a housing plan for Golcar - despite dozens of objections.
The application for eight homes on land off Fullwood Drive is to be considered at Kirklees planning and highways committee next Tuesday.
And officers are recommending that the scheme go ahead.
OUTLINE consent has already been granted to develop part of the site, which had been used for allotments.
Kirklees councillors agreed in principle for the four blocks of semi-detached houses to be built on land off Fullwood Drive.
The site is classed as provisional open land and Kirklees has struggled to reject and defend bids to build on the site after withdrawing its planning policy on the advice of the Planning Inspector.
Hamish Gledhill, agent for the applicant, said: “There is a presumption in favour of sustainable development, this is a clearly sustainable location, it’s in walking distance to the shops in Golcar and it is well served by public transport.”
The Golcar housing was approved unanimously by councillors despite 36 residents objecting to the application on the grounds of lack of local amenities, visual and highways impact.
Next week’s meeting will be asked to study representations from many groups and individuals about the scheme.
Highways officers have said that the traffic generated by the new homes can be accommodated in the local roads netqwrok.
But many local residents have voiced concerns.
Many point out that there has been a lot of development in Golcar in recent years with no provision for added help for health services or schools.
Some have urged the developer and the council to look at alternative brownfield sites in the area.