A SKELMANTHORPE couple have celebrated their golden wedding.
Reg and Mary Shaw, of Thorpes Close were married at Helme Church.
Mrs Shaw, 76, lived in Meltham and worked at David Brown Tractors in the village until 1951, when she went to stay with her sister for a year in Lincolnshire.
Her sister's husband owned a chemist's shop in Sleaford - and there she met her husband-to-be.
He was from Sleaford and had worked on the family farm before serving in the Army until 1948.
He then went back to farming until 1951, when the couple moved to live at the family home in Meltham.
They then bought their own house in the village.
Mrs Shaw went back to David Browns and Mr Shaw worked for Northern Dairies at Huddersfield for 31 years.
They moved to Skelmanthorpe five years ago to be near their daughter, Deborah Bates. She lives there with her son, Jonathan, eight.