LINDLEY couple Eddie and Pat Billington have celebrated their golden wedding.
Mr and Mrs Billington, of Chiltern Avenue met in 1944 while working at the former Walter Sykes worsted mill in Queen Street South.
They married at Almondbury Parish Church.
Mr Billington, 74, served with the Royal Air Force between 1946 and 1956 and lined the route with hundreds of other Servicemen and women in London on Coronation Day in 1953.
For 30 years he was a machine tool setter at David Brown Tractors, Meltham.
Mrs Billington, 73, worked for 15 years at Holset Engineering, St Andrew's Road. Turnbridge, in the spares packing department.
The couple have one son and two grandchildren and celebrated with a party at their son's home.
Both enjoy reading and gardening.