A decades-old advertising poster for Heineken featuring Paul Daniels has reappeared - as if by magic - in Huddersfield.
The advert shows the magician, who passed away in March last year, vanishing after drinking the beer – with the famous catchline “refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach.”
Mr Stancliffe, who works as an electrician, said the tiled wall was used to put up posters before a proper billboard was erected.
“I remember it because I used to go past it regularly,” he said. “The building used to be an electrical workshop. Now it’s the A1 Autocentre.
“When it was decided to put up a proper billboard they never took down the old poster. Now the billboard has gone and the battens are exposed along with the last poster put on the tiled wall.”
- Moment angry man throws chair at bar door before 0:42
- The Examiner's Lauren Ballinger takes on Gawthorp1:18
- Young people jump on tracks at Halifax Station0:30
- Scenes outside court as 29 people to appear over 0:23
- Urban explorer climbs Huddersfield's gas holder t1:31
- Pink Moon lights up the sky in Leeds1:44
- HDE proposed travellers' site at Scammonden0:21
Mr Stancliffe said the poster was a reminder of days gone by when roadside hoardings were allowed to advertise alcoholic drinks and tobacco products.
Paul Daniels reappeared in adverts for Heineken in 2001 – this time on TV. In one ad, Paul in white tie and tails serenades wife Debbie with The Carpenters’ song Close To You. The caption reads: “Buy a pint of Heineken or we’ll keep running this commercial.”
Do you know of any old beer advertising posters around Huddersfield? E-mail your memories and pictures to email@example.com