A WOMAN risked serious injury to save her two pet dogs from a blaze.
Nichola Radcliffe ignored flames shooting across a garage to get inside and free the trapped dogs.
And despite suffering from the effects of smoke, she managed to unfurl a hosepipe and fight the blaze at her Holmfirth home.
Nichola, 31, was given oxygen by Holmfirth fire crews called to the house in Binns Lane but did not need hospital treatment.
The two dogs, Border Collies called Molly and Peggy, were both unharmed.
They had both been left in the house when 31-year-old Nichola left to attend a Rainbows Group, where she is a leader. Her parents were away visiting her brother in Sweden.
When she returned Nichola opened the garage door to be met with a sheet of flame searing across the ceiling. She ran through the flames to open the integral door and free the dogs.
The blaze had started in a tumble dryer, which had not been in use. Damage was confined to the garage.