CONTROVERSY surrounding a 112-home development scheme at Highburton looks set to be re-ignited on Friday.
Planners meet at Dewsbury Town Hall to decide whether to give Barratt Leeds the go-ahead for the development at the Southfield Mills site just off Burton Acres Lane.
Clr Ghulam Maniyar, chairman of the Heavy Woollen Area Planning sub-committee, said certain aspects of the application had not been satisfactorily resolved at the last meeting at the end of January.
They included issues such as affordable housing, highways and education.
Clr Maniyar said the public would be able to put forward their objections at Friday morning's meeting in Dewsbury Town Hall in a re-run of January's debate.
More than 150 objections have been received about Barratt's proposals.
Parish councillor Mike Greetham said: "I welcome the fresh chance to persuade the committee to turn down the application and I shall be there putting forward my ideas and thoughts."
He added: "I'm just glad I have got another chance. I'm glad this is not going to be decided behind closed doors."
He said the planning process had won few friends among the public, and seemed to have been dealt with very quickly.
Barratt said last month that the 10-acre estate would include affordable housing and that the development would go hand-in-hand with improvements at local schools.
An earlier application for 113 homes was turned down. Barratt will appeal against that decision, also on Friday.