A HOUSE was badly damaged by fire in Slaithwaite.
The blaze was spotted by neighbours at the back-to-back terraced home fronting on to Manchester Road at 5.15pm yesterday.
No-one was in at the time and the fire had taken a firm hold in the bathroom with smoke damaging the rest of the house.
Smoke also seeped into the neighbouring houses on either side.
Firefighters from Slaithwaite and Huddersfield had to force their way in to douse the inferno which they quickly brought under control. It is believed a candle may have caused the blaze.