1) Former Huddersfield Giants prop Keith Mason was too hungover after 'Mad Monday' to delete Tweet
It was a prank on a boozy bender for rugby stars.
But it has now seen Super League star Keith Mason go to court – suing the Huddersfield Giants for more than £300,000 for unfair dismissal.
2) Royal Mail deliveries halted in Meltham after dog bite
Mail deliveries have been suspended in parts of Meltham after a postman on his round was badly bitten by a dog.
Over 100 addresses in the village have been left without deliveries since the horrific incident last Tuesday.
3) Huddersfield town centre parade kick-starts University graduation week
STUDENTS donned caps and gowns for a parade through Huddersfield town centre. Huddersfield University graduation ceremonies got underway yesterday with a parade.
The colourful procession of students and staff, including many of the honorary award recipients, were led by Skelmanthorpe Brass Band.
4) Huddersfield's roads getting in shape for next year's Tour De France
Huddersfield suddenly seems awash with roadworks... but a year from now these roads will look very different.
For Kirklees Council has confirmed what people were beginning to suspect that the roadworks from Ainley Top through to Holmfirth are along the anticipated route where the Tour de France will travel next July.
5) Linthwaite man dies after crash between Bretton and Flockton
AN ELDERLY man from Linthwaite has died after a head-on smash between two cars on the road between Flockton and Bretton.
The 87-year-old driver, who has not been named, died at Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield, last night. A woman in the car with him is in a "serious" condition. She was airlifted to Leeds General Infirmary.