A RASTRICK man has been ordered to stay away from his ex-partner.
Dennis Buckley, of Carr Green Avenue, had been due to stand trial at Kirklees Magistrates’ Court.
He was accused of harassing Catherine Wellington between July 17 and July 24.
The 50-year-old was said to have done this by making unwanted phone calls to his ex.
The case against Buckley was dismissed after the CPS accepted the making of a restraining order against him.
Mike Sisson-Pell, mitigating, said that the case had a considerable history to it.
He explained that the couple had been in an on and off relationship for a number of years.
The solicitor said: “It got to a point where the complainant has made this complaint.
“We suggest that the matter is best dealt with by a restraining order and the Crown accepts this.”
Prosecutor James Weekes formally offered no evidence in the case in exchange for this.
Deputy District Judge John Maxwell made the restraining order for two years.
The order bans him from contacting Miss Wellington.
He must also not go to her home in New Hey Road or stop within 50 metres of that address.