CHILDREN from King James’ School in Almondbury visited an exhibition celebrating the 400th anniversary of the King James’ Bible, at St Paul’s Methodist Church, Dalton.
Six year-seven students made the trip as part of their religious education studies.
The display included a 400-year-old King James’ Bible, oil lamp and Roman coins.
Several local schools have visited the exhibition.
The school celebrated its own 400th anniversary in 2008.
The King James’ Bible was translated from Greek, Latin and Hebrew at the request of King James 1.
It was started in 1604 and completed in 1611.
The Bible is felt by some to have had more influence on the English language than Shakespeare or any other author.