A LATE night cooking session sparked a fire alert at Birkby.
Huddersfield firefighters were called to King Cliffe Flats at Birkby at 11pm on Saturday night.
One of the apartments contained two men, who had returned home from a night out.
They had started cooking eggs, but fell asleep.
The food overheated and filled the kitchen with smoke.
One of the men was asleep in the kitchen and the other in the living area.
Firefighters gave them both first aid and called an ambulance.
The man who had been in the kitchen was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary and treated for smoke inhalation.