Hundreds of rail travellers were delayed in and out of Huddersfield because of a lightning strike.
Lightning hit signalling equipment near Marsden yesterday afternoon and meant severe disruption on the Huddersfield to Manchester lines.
Twitter user @pipzstar tweeted this picture of a huge lightning strike captured yesterday afternoon.
Others replied saying they'd been stuck on trains because of it.
Some services had be halted and no trains were able to run from Huddersfield and Marsden in the Manchester-bound direction for a time.
Northern Rail was inundated with tweets from disgruntled railway passengers unhappy about cancellations.
Read more: More thunderstorms set to hit Huddersfield
Services got back to normal by early evening.
Meanwhile, there was an impressive show of thunder and lightning across Manchester - watch it here.
- The Examiner's Lauren Ballinger takes on Gawthorp1:18
- Young people jump on tracks at Halifax Station0:30
- Scenes outside court as 29 people to appear over 0:23
- Urban explorer climbs Huddersfield's gas holder t1:31
- Pink Moon lights up the sky in Leeds1:44
- HDE proposed travellers' site at Scammonden0:21
- Emmerdale star Alfie is an inspiration0:38
It doesnt look like we'll be seeing an end to the bad weather any time soon - click here for a thunder and lightning report!