One of the city's most popular fast food restaurants has confirmed the re-release date of a popular seasonal favourite - as well as confirming the return of its popular Monopoly game.
McDonald's, which boasts numerous eateries in the city and surrounding region, has finally given hungry diners news on when the Creme Egg McFlurry will return.
A popular Easter item, the fast food giant revealed the return of the product in February - but has kept quiet on its launch date.
How a Big Mac is made
- The Examiner's Lauren Ballinger takes on Gawthorp1:18
- Young people jump on tracks at Halifax Station0:30
- Scenes outside court as 29 people to appear over 0:23
- Urban explorer climbs Huddersfield's gas holder t1:31
- Pink Moon lights up the sky in Leeds1:44
- HDE proposed travellers' site at Scammonden0:21
- Emmerdale star Alfie is an inspiration0:38
Taking to their Twitter account, the company revealed the ice cream, chocolate and fondant sauce favourite was returning to UK branches - including Huddersfield restaurants - on Wednesday, March 16.
That date will also see the return of McDonald's Monopoly, a sweepstake sales promotion which allows customers to win instant prizes.
Last year, more than 9.3million prizes were claimed across the country.
Over-the-moon diners took to their own social media accounts to share their views on the announcement.
One commented: "Creme Egg Mcflurry is back on Wednesday! The best time of year!"
Another wrote: "I can't wait for the Creme Egg McFlurry Hurry up Wednesday! Best time of the year!"