A motorcyclist was hurt in a collision involving a van on one of Huddersfield’s busiest roads.
The biker, a 29-year-old man, was on a black motorbike travelling on Bradford Road when he was involved in a crash with a blue Ford Transit Connect van.
It happened at around 4.30pm on Wednesday near to the junction close to the Mumbai Spice restaurant.
- The Examiner's Lauren Ballinger takes on Gawthorp1:18
- Young people jump on tracks at Halifax Station0:30
- Scenes outside court as 29 people to appear over 0:23
- Urban explorer climbs Huddersfield's gas holder t1:31
- Pink Moon lights up the sky in Leeds1:44
- HDE proposed travellers' site at Scammonden0:21
- Emmerdale star Alfie is an inspiration0:38
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said the man’s injuries were thought to be serious, although they were not believed to be life-threatening.
A witness who saw the aftermath of the incident said the crash had led to big tailbacks.
The Ford van had sustained damage to the front end.
A member of the public had stopped his car on the carriageway to make the scene safer for the injured biker. Police and ambulance attended the scene.