PEOPLE in Kirklees are being reminded they still have time to nominate their favourite carer.
And the winner will be announced during National Carers' Week.
Following a fantastic response to the Carer of the Year competition in 2006, Kirklees Council's Carers Gateway is running the competition once again, with the help of sponsors the Huddersfield Examiner, the Dewsbury Reporter, The Press, Ridley and Hall solicitors, Dewsbury Rotary Club and the Edinburgh Marriott Hotel.
Clr Margaret Bates, of Kirklees Council's Cabinet, said: "I am delighted that again we are to honour carers with this year's National Carers' Week.
"Carers are unsung heroes, whether they provide care for just a few hours a week or 24-hour care.
"Many people do not realise they are carers. For many people, caring is a full-time job and a lot of carers are not getting the help they need because they don't know about the services on offer.
"Carers do a really important job and we have to make sure they know about - and receive - the help they need."
Carers' Week will culminate with an awards ceremony where prizes will be presented to the winners of the Kirklees Carer of the Year competition.
Events during Carers Week are aimed at carers and people who may not yet think of themselves as carers.
They are invited to the events and find out how Kirklees, the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, Pension Service and voluntary group can help.
* May 16, 23 and 29 and June 6: Kirklees Young Carers Graffiti Art Workshops at Northorpe Hall Trust, Mirfield
* May 26: Shanti Women's Group; live 60s to 90s music and Bollywood music at Ravensthorpe Community Centre
* June 1: The Reach Project tea dance at New North Road, Huddersfield
* June 2: Motor Neurone Disease Association fair at Huddersfield Town Hall
* June 5: The Nerve Centre is holding taster sessions of the activities they provide for carers and the cared for
* June 10: Bradley Court Tenants' Association garden party
* June 11, 10am to 2pm: Carers Gateway stall at Dewsbury Library
* June 11 to 15: Carers Gateway stall at Huddersfield University, Queensgate
* June 12: Carers Gateway stall at HRI
* June 13: Kirklees and other groups on a whistlestop tour of North Kirklees
* June 14: Healthy eating and cooking at Paddock Village Hall
* June 14: Carers Gateway stall at Holmfirth Library
* June 15: Carers Gateway stall at Dewsbury District Hospital and an event at Batley Resource Centre.