NEIGHBOURS saved people trapped in their blazing Meltham home early today.
The fire, which broke out at the Lowther home on Copley Avenue just before 2am, was caused by a chip pan.
Jim and Susan Lowther live at the house with their two sons, Christopher, 21, and Philip, 18, and daughter Jodie, 15.
One of the sons put the pan on.
A smoke detector alerted the family to the blaze and the parents and one of the sons fled through the front door. Neighbours rushed to help.
Lee Reid, 18, who lives nearby ran into the blazing kitchen and found Christopher on the floor.
He dragged him to safety while other neighbours helped Jodie down from a bedroom window.
Christopher and Philip were taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, where they were treated for cuts and breathing in smoke.
Sub-officer Howard Young, of Slaithwaite, said: "We confined the fire to the kitchen, which was gutted by the inferno."