IT'S our newest outdoor statue - and its position outside Huddersfield railway station ensures it's seen by thousands.
The memorial to former Prime Minister Harold Wilson was unveiled in July, 1999.
It was funded by public contributions and a lottery grant after Kirklees Council launched an appeal for the tribute to Huddersfield's most famous son.
TWENTY-EIGHT names on this memorial in Greenhead Park commemorate Huddersfield men who fell in the Boer War.
It is topped by a bronze figure of a man in khaki, in the uniform and slouch hat worn in the campaign.
The statue was put up in 1905 after a public appeal raised £600.
Its pedestal is 9ft high and is made of Aberdeen grey granite.
HE ruled at the turn of the last century and is remembered by a statue outside what is now Huddersfield Technical College.
But back in the days when the memorial to Edward VII was put up, the building in Halifax Road had a very different use - as Huddersfield Royal Infirmary.
Perhaps rather unfittingly, the statue is now marooned in a car park.