NO-ONE is to face prosecution over the death of a Huddersfield-born woman who was given penicillin by mistake.
Teresa Innes (left) died at Bradford Royal Infirmary on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - two years after being given the drug to which she had a known allergy.
The matter was referred to West Yorkshire Police by HM Coroner for investigation. But now the Crown Prosecution Service has ruled that nobody is to be prosecuted in relation to the death.
A police spokesman said: "The coroner, the family of Teresa Innes and Bradford Royal Infirmary have been informed of this.
"The file and a report have been forwarded to HM Coroner for his consideration."
Huddersfield-born Miss Innes, 38, was known to be allergic to the drug.
But she was accidentally given it while she was waiting for treatment to a leg abcess at Bradford Royal Infirmary in September, 2001.
After almost two years in a coma without any sign of a recovery the courts agreed that her life-support machine should be switched off.