MRS Irene Robinson devoted her life to her large family.
She had 12 children, 25 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Mrs Robinson (née Dickinson), of Crosland Moor, was born in Abbeydale, Sheffield, in September, 1920, she was the youngest girl of 10 children.
During the Second World War she joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service and was assigned to anti-aircraft work as a plotter.
She survived heavy German bombing of Sheffield and was later posted to Huddersfield, where she spent the rest of her life.
Her last ATS posting was in Slaithwaite, where she met Golcar man John (Jack) Robinson, who had served with the Royal Engineers in the deserts of North Africa.
The pair met at a dance at Slaithwaite Civic Hall, married on November 10, 1945, and lived at Linthwaite, then Paddock. They had seven girls and five boys.
Mr Robinson, a builder, built his family a home at Upper Clough, Linthwaite, which became known as The House That Jack Built. In 1968 they moved in.
Later they lived at Slaithwaite and Marsden.
Mr Robinson died on January 25, 1988.
His widow, who later moved to Balmoral Avenue, Crosland Moor, died 14 years later, on January 25 this year - the same date she lost her husband. She was 83.
Her funeral was at Huddersfield Crematorium.
Family members recalled that she was at her most happiest surrounded by her children and grand- children, either on days out, at family get- togethers or simply playing cards.