FOUR pets have died in a country village - amid fears they were poisoned.
Three dogs and a cat have died after being in Jagger Green, near Outlane, since last Friday.
The early indications were that they had suffered some form of poisoning.
All are thought to have been in the Jagger Green Lane area and had the same symptoms, including breathing problems and sickness.
A police spokesman said: "It is believed their deaths may be the result of some form of poisoning.
"We are keeping an open mind and there is no suggestion at this stage the deaths are as a result of deliberate poisoning."
Police have been to the village and spoken to residents.
But they have not yet been able to identify any source of the possible poisoning.
The RSPCA charity has been told informed.
Police are liaising with the Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to carry out inquiries into the deaths.
The police spokesman added: "We are appealing for anyone whose pet has died suddenly in similar circumstances after being in the Jagger Green Lane area to contact us.
"We would also like to speak to anyone who may have information that could shed light on this inquiry."
Phone Pc Roman Soltan at Brighouse police station on 01484 405276.