Police have confirmed the victim of an Elland crash has died.
He was a motorcyclist who came off his bike in Lowfields Way yesterday afternoon.
The man suffered serious head injuries and police have now confirmed he died at the scene.
The dead man’s identity has not been revealed as police are contacting relatives but they have confirmed he was aged 46 and from the Bradford area.
A spokesman said; “We were called to Lowfields Way at 5.02pm to reports of a serious road traffic incident.
“It involved a Yamaha XJ600 motorcycle which appears to have mounted the kerb.
“The rider suffered serious head injuries and died at the scene”.
The scene yesterday
- Location of sex attack, Heckmondwike0:23
- Scene after crash on Sheffield Road near Holmfirth0:34
- Eorl Crabtree learns how to cheerlead at Dalton S0:38
- Sir Patrick Stewart hosts Logan premiere for Hudd0:39
- Lindley Infant School lollipop patrol campaign1:08
- Jason McCartney questions Jeremy Hunt in House of0:49
- Gung-ho! inflatable fun0:56
Lowfields Way is a road running through a major business park close to the centre of Elland and is used by hundreds of people on their way to and from work.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.