SIXTIES popstar Jess Conrad is to appear in Holme Valley sitcom Last of the Summer Wine.
Jess, who had hits including Cherry Pie and Mystery Girl, was in Holmfirth last Friday filming a guest appearance for the show.
He plays a hiker in the episode Who's The Mouse In The Poetry Group?, which will be aired in January.
Penelope Jay plays Jess's hiker companion in the episode.
Last of the Summer Wine producer Alan Bell said: "Penelope was in the show 23 years ago and we have brought her back briefly.
"Both her and Jess are just making guest appearances, but we thought it would create interest."
* Jess Conrad was born Gerald James in Brixton, London.
* After attending drama school he got a series of bit parts in 1950s British films and adverts before being discovered by television producer Daphne Shadwell.
* Shadwell cast him as Barney Day in TV play Rock A- Bye Barney and he was spotted by legendary TV and stage producer Jack Good, who put him in the Oh Boy show.
* Jess went on to become a teen idol and signed a record deal with Decca. He made hits including Cherry Pie, Mystery Girl, This Pullover and Pretty Jenny.
* He was voted England's most popular male singer in NME's 1961 poll.
* He continued to have hits into the 1970s, touring with big names like Eddie Cochran and Billy Fury.
* He then went into musicals, playing Jesus in Godspell. He also acted regularly in films and TV, as well as performing cabaret and pantomime.
* Today, he mainly makes cameo appearances, tours the UK with stage shows and is an after dinner speaker.
* Jess has been married to wife Renee for nearly 41 years. The have two daughters, Sasha and Natalie.