THIS is an imposing stone built period residence with a wealth of charm and character throughout.
It features an entrance hall, dining kitchen, living room, dining room, drawing room, utility room, lavatory, and study.
There are four double bedrooms, with an en suite bathroom to the master, and a family bathroom.
The property includes a stone built detached gatehouse, landscaped gardens, extensive driveway and parking.
Coving on the ceiling is featured along with deep skirting boards, fireplaces and sash windows.
The property is well placed within established landscaped gardens in a backwater location.
Holly Bank is a listed building within a conservation area. The following history has been gathered by searching the archives at Huddersfield Library.
William Hall, described as a cattle dealer from Lindley come Quarmby, is mentioned in various documents from 1845 onwards and shown on the census of 1851.
Originally called Dahlia House, built in the early 1850's by William's cattle dealer son Thomas, records show that his estate sold the house (described as a villa in the sale documents) at auction in the George Hotel in 1875, along with surrounding plots of land.
It was purchased by business man, George Henry Haigh who, according to the census record of 1881, lived there with his spouse, daughter and servants.
Ownership had passed to the Exley family (wool merchants) by 1891 and to the possibly related, George Henry Hall (draper of King Street, Huddersfield) by 1894.
Ownership passed from the Halls to the Eastwood family in the early to mid 1930's.