The best curry houses in Huddersfield have been revealed – according to a public vote.
Tamanna’s on Halifax Road has been voted top Indian restaurant of a 10 strong list by Trip Advisor reviewers, 198 of whom voted it as excellent and was given four and a half stars for its food and dining experience.
According to one reviewer, “The welcome was warm and friendly, the advice fantastic and meals cooked to order at a very fair price for such fresh and fantastic food quality.”
It narrowly beat Mumbai Spice on Bradford Road, one of the several that has gained 190 excellent ratings.
Its food was described as “beautiful” by Heather M from Stoke on Trent, who also said “the food was at perfect temperature and spice and the Peshwari naan was the best I’ve ever tasted.”
Shama on the same road claimed third place spot.
Its most recent reviewer said: “I have had hundreds of curries over the years in Huddersfield and had some great food in many different restaurants. I have been to Shama three times now and have to say that for me it is currently the best place around at this time, based on the food service and cleanliness.”
Here’s the list of the full top 10 as of Monday, May 11:
1. Tamanna’s, Halifax Road, Birchencliffe
2. Mumbai Spice, Bradford Road, Fixby
3. Shama, Bradford Road, Fartown
4. The Raj, Scar Lane, Golcar
5. Meltham Balti, Huddersfield Road, Meltham
6. Saims, Bradford Road, Hillhouse.
7. Aagrah, Wakefield Road Denby Dale
8. Saffron, Manchester Road, Linthwaite
9. Cardamon Green, Wakefield Road, Huddersfield.
10. Taaj Restaurant, Market Street, Milnsbridge.
Over 20 restaurants were included in the Indian cuisine category of the site, but did not include the Pink Elephant chain, which has restaurants in Honley and Meltham which were included in a list for Holmfirth or Kabana in Trinity Street, which was included in a separate category of Pakistani cuisine.