WEST Yorkshire Police Authority has a vacancy for an independent member.
There are five independent members who, together with nine councillors and three magistrates, constitute the authority.
The body oversees policing on behalf of local people.
Independent members are expected to:
* Attend all meetings of the authority and its committees
* Engage with the management processes within West Yorkshire Police
* Participate in public consultation on local policing issues, including evening meetings and public speaking
* Keep abreast of developments in both local and national policing
* Represent the authority in discussions with interested parties.
The job entails one-and-a-half to two days work a week, for which an allowance and expenses are payable. Appointments are normally for a term of four years.
If you are over 21, live or work within West Yorkshire, apply by contacting Catherine Archer, Executive Director, West Yorkshire Police Authority, Ploughland House, 62, George Street, Wakefield, WF1 1DL. Tel: (01924) 294000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is August 22.