A teenage lad was stabbed in Huddersfield.
And a second teen has been held, police have confirmed.
The incident happened in Crosland Moor on Sunday but police released details only this morning.
The injured youth was flown to hospital by air ambulance.
A West Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said: “The offence happened between 4.30pm and 4.45pm in Moor End Road with the 16-year-old victim suffering a stab wound to the back for which he has received hospital treatment.
- Location of sex attack, Heckmondwike0:23
- Scene after crash on Sheffield Road near Holmfirth0:34
- Eorl Crabtree learns how to cheerlead at Dalton S0:38
- Sir Patrick Stewart hosts Logan premiere for Hudd0:39
- Lindley Infant School lollipop patrol campaign1:08
- Jason McCartney questions Jeremy Hunt in House of0:49
- Gung-ho! inflatable fun0:56
“A 17-year-old male, from Huddersfield, has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and released on bail.
“Enquiries are ongoing.”
In unrelated investigations, police would like to speak to the people pictured in the image gallery below. The people pictured in the images may be witnesses as well as suspects. If you recognise anyone, contact police on 101 quoting the reference number on the image caption.