HUNDREDS of staff and customers at Morrison's supermarket, Waterloo, were evacuated after a fire in a microwave oven.
And staff were praised for the efficient way they cleared the building.
Nobody was hurt.
Firefighters were called out at 10.34am on Tuesday after smoke from a microwave in the kitchens of the Penistone Road store began smoking and tripped the fire alarm.
Two crews from Huddersfield attended and firefighters checked the oven was safe after the store manager told them where the problem was.
Brian Rhodes, leading firefighter, said: "We were there about 10 minutes.
"The staff were allowed back in first and then the customers."
He paid tribute to the staff's evacuation of the building.
"They carried out the evacuation procedure perfectly. They were very well rehearsed," he said.