ALMOST 10,000 households in Kirklees have received free insulation or heating as result of government grants.
And most have seen their power bills cut as a result.
News of the projects came in a survey by Warm Front, who run the scheme.
Since the scheme began in June 2000, the PowerGen Warm Front scheme has provided:
* 5,913 homes with insulation
* 1,612 homes with new gas central heating
* 32 homes with a new electrical heating system
* 273 homes with replacement central heating boilers
* 260 homes with heating repairs
* 1,366 homes with other heating facilities.
Anyone receiving an income or disability-related benefit or credit could be eligible for a PowerGen Warm Front grant of up to £2,500 for free heating and insulation improvements.
Terry Booth, of PowerGen Warm Front in West Yorkshire, said: "These grants are available to make sure that no-one is left cold and miserable in the winter months and we would urge anyone who thinks they may be entitled to a grant to give us a call now and have the work done for next winter."
For information ring free on 0800 952 1555.