HUDDERSFIELD woman Stacey Rodgers is to attend a special anniversary party at the House of Commons.
Stacey's son, Dominic Rodgers, died in February of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The deadly gas - which is odourless and colourless - built up in a passageway at his home in Spaines Road, Fartown, before seeping through brickwork into the 10-year- old's bedroom and killing him while he slept.
Since Dominic's death, Stacey, 30, has set up the Dominic Rodgers Trust to raise awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide.
Stacey, of Deighton, has also worked closely with the charity CO-Gas Safety, which celebrates its 10th anniversary on January 25 at the House of Commons and has invited Stacey to the event.
Stacey is taking with her members of the senior team of the Huddersfield Crusaders Majorettes, who will be dancing at Victoria Tower Gardens in London.
The majorettes are based at Brackenhall Community Centre and Stacey's mum used to be the club's secretary.
Her sister, Michelle Rodgers, was a member for 10 years until last November.
However, she will rejoin the team in London to dance in memory of her nephew.
Stacey said: "All the majorettes knew Dom from a very early age. When I asked them to come they all said yes without any hesitation."
Stacey has also organised a raffle for the party.
The prizes include a signed Huddersfield Town football shirt and two home game tickets for 2004/5.
Dominic was a keen Town supporter.
All proceeds from the raffle will go to CO Gas Safety to fund its work to reduce accidents and deaths caused by carbon monoxide.
The party will provide some cheer after what will be a difficult Christmas for Stacey without Dominic.
"I know it's going to be hard for me. But I've been so strong throughout the year and I'm going to stay and spend money on my family," she said.