A CASTLEFORD mum who died with her three-year-old son and 15-month-old daughter in a house fire was a "beautiful English rose" who worshipped her children, her family said.
Gemma Summerscales, 21, son Jack and daughter Kira, were killed when the blaze ripped through their home early on Saturday. Miss Summerscales rang 999 and told the fire service that candles had set fire to the curtains in her home in Swale Drive.
In a statement issued through police, her family, who did not want to be identified, said: "We have lost Gemma, Jack and Kira in such terrible circumstances.
"It is a devastatingly tragic loss as they meant the world to us. Our whole family will miss them dearly. Gemma was our beautiful English rose. She was a dedicated mother who worshipped her children. Gemma was a loving daughter and granddaughter; intelligent, bright and the life and soul of our family.
"Jack was a lovely little boy who had just started nursery. A proper little lad, so full of mischief and adventure. Kira was always smiling and happy. She brought much joy to us all."
Post-mortem examinations revealed all three had died from smoke inhalation.